LANGUAGE English and German
OCCUPATION Superhero | Environmental engineer (Starrware)
OTHERS Crazy hair. Almost seems to wear the same thing every day. Speaks with a middle-American accent, but can also do flawless Received Pronunciation.
STARRWARE Day job.
THE PARADIGM The team he led back home, now mostly deceased.
THE ADVOCATES The team he founded here. (Active)
Things it can do include but are not limited to: teleportals, holograms, internet, covers up his imPort tattoo, tells time. If you ever see him without it, there's something wrong. [ ✖ ]
Bigger than a commercial tablet, but also more powerful. Things it can do include: holograms, wireless hacking, sensors of various types, quantum computing / big data, play movies. Last resort when he needs parts to cannibalize. [ ✖ ]
Currently located at Starrware, 3rd floor. Usually a little bit messy, but he knows where everything is. Contains a teleport gate that's supposed to be interdimensional but isn't. [ ✖ ]
"WHAT IS A MAN? A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS."
Qubit derives his name from the smallest unit of data in quantum computing. Where a regular bit can only hold a value of 0 or 1, a qubit can exist in a superposition of both values simultaneously. So it is with Qubit the person. He's not a man of absolutes, but an uneasy mixture of values that can't help contradicting. Logic and emotion, idealism and pragmatism, morality and efficiency, the potential for good and for evil... all these coexist within him, and not a day goes by that he doesn't wrestle with it.
Frankly, he's been through a lot. First his best friend turned heel and murdered fifteen million people, then most of his other friends (at least, the ones who survived the first day) were hiding horrible secrets with life-and-death consequences, and then they all died, too... He's slower to trust now than he once was, and while the idealist in him isn't dead, it's not exactly in perfect health, either. Even close to a year later, things keep reminding him of the good old days, and it's like losing them all over again.
In Mask or Menace, after a good six months off, he turned his attention toward founding a new superteam - one without national borders or summary executions. They call themselves the Advocates.
- TECHNOKINESIS / PERFECT KLUDGE: As long as he has mechanical components available, Qubit can telekinetically reassemble them to form any machine he can imagine. The functions of the initial and final objects can be radically different, but both must be electric or electronic on some level. If he understands how it works in principle, he doesn't have to think too hard about it in practice.
- TELEPORTALS: His signature invention is quantum teleportation. Using his computerwatch, he can open portals of varying size just about anywhere on Earth. This includes inside solid objects or people, if he wants.
- PSIONIC SHIELDING: Having implanted experimental nanotechnology in his brain, Qubit is effectively immune to telepathy, mind control, and other psionic attacks (though he can allow interactions on a case-by-case basis).
- SUPERGENIUS INTELLECT: Extremely intelligent and highly observant, specializing in physics and other sciences. Oddly insecure, though.
- CHARISMA: Natural leader, loyal friend, and silver-tongued manipulator all in one.
- CULINARY ARTS: A damn good cook.
- MAGIC: He acknowledges its existence, but still dislikes anything that can't be explained through science. Also, he's pretty much useless when pitted against it.
- SECRETS: His reputation, such as it is, hinges on people not knowing he's a huge hypocrite who's committed a whole bunch of first- and second-degree murders. He hides his big secrets behind numerous smaller, irrelevant secrets. Hence why nobody knows whether or not he's an alien.
- KRYPTONIANS: For obvious reasons, he is somewhat terrified of them. Especially Superman.